Job Function: Marketing Manager
Company Name: Perusall LLC
Company Location: US (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
Company Size: 8+ employees
Industry: Education Technology (Higher Education)
We are an education technology startup that began with an aim to change the nature of reading — from the traditional isolated experience to an engaging and social one. We have evolved into a company that aims to revolutionize education — so all students come to class prepared, engaged and motivated to learn. We aim to advance behavioral science and AI research in the service of improving education — using our work at Harvard University and Perusall Labs to improve the Perusall platform and to help students, educators, researchers, and society at large.
We are looking to hire a creative, enthusiastic, highly motivated Marketing Manager to help increase company brand awareness, support sales, and promote company initiatives across channels. The Marketing Manager will design and implement communications, messaging, and engagement strategies in support of the Perusall brand. In this position, you will be involved in developing marketing channel strategies, implementing marketing campaigns and tactics, researching the market and competition, coordinating with the sales team, maintaining customer relations, and developing summary reports.
To ensure success as a Marketing Manager at Perusall, you should have a minimum of three years of experience marketing to faculty in higher education. A strong knowledge of inbound and outbound marketing techniques and tools, a knowledge of the college sales cycle, and excellent communications skills are also a must.
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Lead the execution of short- and long-term marketing campaigns from start to finish, leveraging internal support and collaborating with sales
- Build brand awareness across all markets including for profit and non-profit institutions, high school AP markets, and other markets as identified
- Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies;
- Promote Perusall publicly with online campus-wide demonstrations, coordinate company-sponsored events, and plan participation at conferences
- Conceptualize and execute on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels
- Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Three years of increasing responsibility working in the Higher Education space
- Experience marketing educational technology
- Knowledge of current marketing strategies and tools
- High-level communication and networking skills
- Passion for sales and learning
- An understanding of trends in online learning in Higher Ed
- Well-developed project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working remotely
- Able to work independently and contribute to team success
- Attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to uncover opportunities across web, email, and social media platforms
- Knowledge of best practices with content marketing
- Proficiency in social media strategies
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and experience with SEO
- Experience with ability to use marketing analytics to drive success
- Familiarity with HubSpot or similar CRM and experience using marketing automation software to nurture prospects from initial interest to adoption
- Experience with branding identity campaigns
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, show strong initiative, and collaborate in a fast-paced work environment
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years digital and multimedia marketing experience.
Estimated pay range
Competitive based on experience and capability.
Perusall began following a major four-year research project at Harvard University; we created the platform to serve students in our classes, and then in 2015 built the business to bring our research to students and instructors everywhere. Perusall is now a profitable business serving 1,500,000 students at 3,000 educational institutions in 85 countries.
How to apply
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and salary requirements.